Venison meat is not elk meat, its actually deer meat. It is a great alternative to beef and pork. Below we have included some venison meat statistics, and how it can be a great alternative red meat.
If you know something more about the topic of venison, we would love you to contribute in the comment box below.
To read more about this article visit: www.deerfarmer.org
Here are few statistics from Deer Farmer.org website:
- Germany is the largest consumer of venison;
- New Zealand is an important importer of venison meat;
- The United States market is the largest undeveloped market of venison;
- 70% of surveyed chefs use internet to find useful information;
- Ground meat is the most popular cut because consumers don't know how to cook anymore and or are looking for a 20 minutes preparation meal;
- Deli counters might be the solution to educate general consumers by letting them experiment with smaller quantity.
Are you knowledgeable about this topic? Would you like to share what you know with others? Please Do!